Terms & Conditions
1 YOUR PET’S HEALTH AND WELFARE: You must be confident and confirm that your dog is fit and healthy and up-to-date with vaccinations. Grooming of sick or elderly dogs is entirely at owner’s risk. We will not groom pregnant or whelping bitches or those recently operated on (unless given Vets permission) We don`t take responsibility if your dog develops allergic reaction to shampoos, conditioners or any other grooming products. Please make us aware if this something you have experienced, we can use an alternative hypoallergenic shampoo instead If you have been prescribed some then, please bring this along to be used.
2. STAFF’S SAFETY: We reserve the right to muzzle your dog if it represents danger to any other dog or person. Any dog shows aggression to people or other dogs will not be accepted for grooming. Please let us know beforehand if your dog has behavioural problems.
3. GROOMING ACCIDENTS: Please be aware that if the dog is nicked or cut during the groom this will be made aware to you on collection, unfortunately this can happen as we use very sharp implements close to a lively and sometimes unpredictable animal. All efforts will be made to prevent this, in the case of a dog falling ill or seizures we will inform you/your vet or nearest vet. Liability of all costs will fall to the owner in this instance.
4. NEGLECTED & MATTED COATS: We don’t accept liability for any other effects following the treatment of a matted dog. This can include irritation, redness or nicks. Your written permission will be required to shave off a matted coat. If you request the mats to be combed out, the groomer will not do if it causes the dog undue stress or pain.
5. EAR PLUCKING: Removing the hair can irritate the delicate skin of ear, but ears which are blocked with hair can also cause infections. We only pluck ears if it is requested by client it is not including in a groom unless instructed by yourself.
6. FLEAS/TICKS: If your pet is found to have flea’s we can treat him with a flea treatment bath for an extra £5.
7.ANAL GLANDS: The external extraction can be offered by Wagnificent. This again is not including unless requested by the client. If we feel this need to be addressed,we will inform you over the phone and request your permission to do so or suggest a veterinary visit. Anal gland extraction is an additional £8.50.
8. TIME KEEPING: We work by appointment only. Please be punctual. If you are late more than 20 mins, your appointment may have to be rescheduled. Most grooms take 1-3 hours or more depending on the size and the temperament of the dog, and its coat condition. You will be advised or phoned what time to collect your pet. Pets must be collected within 30 mins after phone call/text message. If you need more time. After 1 hour pet sitting fess apply at £10 per hour.
9. CANCELLATION: We request 24 hours` notice if you need to cancel your pet appointment. We may charge an administration fee of up to 100% if cancellation is made without at least 24 hours` notice. No-shows and same day cancellations will be charged full cancellation fee and an invoice will be sent for payment to you..
10. PAYMENTS: Payment will be made on collection of dog. We can accept payment by cash or card (Maestro, MasterCard, Visa, American Express, Amex, ). Estimates are based on an average dog of the breed or type but owner must be remember that some dogs will require extensive extra work and that this will be charged for on hourly basis this will be discussed at drop off. .
11. GROOM FEEDBACK: If you are dissatisfied with any aspect of your pet’s groom please let us know within 2 days (preferably before you leave). Reasonable requests to alter the trim will be dealt with immediately or changes noted for the next groom. Please don’t leave negative feedback anywhere without contacting us first.
12. PHOTOGRAPHS: Your dog may be photographed before, during and after its groom. Photographs may be used on our website, social media or other printed materials.
13 PREGNANT/ SEASONS Dogs in season can be groomed at time, however it is not recommended.Please make staff aware. Pregnany dogs will not be groomed whilst pregnant or for the period of 8 weeks after the birth.
14. MARKETTING/SPECIAL OFFERS Please let us know if you would like to opt out of this service. Offers will be sent via email only a few times a year.
Please sign below to confirm you have read these terms and conditions
Thank you for choosing Wagnificent Dog Groomers